Psalm 40:3

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him ~ Psalm 40:3

We all go through experiences in life, some are tragic, some are slightly disturbing. Some experiences never really affect us though they are a part of our life, and in those ones we seem to sail right on through. We go through seasons of life: summer, fall, winter and spring, which is to say that not all experiences are low and down, for some are high and uplifting and others are calming. Whatever experience we go through though, does not mean we are going through it singing. There are people who even when life is going ok have something to complain about and trust in God is as a wavering candle; sometimes almost extinguished and at others brightly lighting a room. It matters not, really, what our experiences are, for life is mixed with both the highs and the lows. What matters as we face the life we are blessed to live is how and with what song we sing our way through it. I knowI am so overjoyed, and song easily comes from my lips when life takes that upward turn, when the darkness disappears and God’s hand of providence seems to really be in “my court.” A song to God then comes swiftly, carefree, joyfully. This though is not the time when my song will turn others toward God and cause them to put their trust in Him. What they see in me, they expect to see, for when life is good it is easy to praise and sing. It is in the dark night of my soul when the song bursts forth from my lips in praise and thanksgiving that my song can have the greatest influence upon another’s faith. When I can lift my voice in song in the midst of calamity, tragedy, hurt and pain, when they are a part of my experience, then others will be blessed in my faith and trust in a God that is not only there as a God of providence in my “good times” but also has His hand upon me in my bad times. When we sing a song, a new song of praise in the darkness, His light will shine and be seen by those who are watching us from the outskirts of faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19