2 Chronicles 7:14


If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14

Oh, that our land would do this and repent before God! Oh, that our world would do this! We are so far from God in this land. I was listening to a Christian radio show yesterday as I drove to the office. The speaker was talking about how he had heard a woman speak about how the trees and the forests had taught her about God. He said that years ago people would have thought she was hearing voices and she had need of mental health care, but in this day and age it is called spirituality. People are “spiritual”, something I think Oprah Winfrey brought into the limelight of society’s way of not recognizing God as outside of the self, but inside. The only god that is inside self is self. If we want God, we have to look beyond and upward. God is only inside when we acknowledge Him on the outside. We live in a country and with a people that will accept every other religion but Christianity. The world says it is tolerant, but only if I believe in what you believe, but most certainly not if I try to tell you about my God. I pray for revival, for repentance in our land. Until we repent and humble ourselves society will continue to spiral downward. We are already raising illiterate children when it comes to the Bible and the Word of God. How grievous this must be to God that the little children do not know about Him. We must repent and humble ourselves. God desires to pour out His blessings upon His people. National mercy is promised, forgiveness will be ours, and our land will be healed, but only if we turn back to Him who is God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19