2 Samuel 22:4


“I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies ~ 2 Samuel 22:4

“I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies, oh yeah
I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies
The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
The Lord liveth and blessed be the Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted
I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from my enemies” ~ (Michael O’Shields)

I just had to sing that little song in my head as I read the scripture this morning. The Lord is our Refuge, at all times. In our world right now, the coronavirus is our enemy, and we are living in a world full of panic and fear. People are stocking up on bathroom tissues, the stock market is struggling, events are closing astronomically. On top of all that, today is Friday, the 13th. It is a day of the year when all non-believers think something bad is going to happen. A psychologist noted “fear influences how we react to media coverage of health hazards.” Our reaction increases our anxiety and distress, and when panic is added our adrenaline responses take over. This is, and can be the only explanation for overstocking on toilet tissue. The adrenaline also causes another reaction in our bodies besides anxiety – depression. Stress also causes our body to lower in white blood cells, which help fight infection. In the past, there have been other diseases and pandemics. The world then has suffered losses. It has been noted the Christian’s stayed to bring aid to the sick and the dying because they were not afraid. Christ is our Rock, He is worthy to be praised, He does save us from our enemy. Though we too may succumb to the virus, we live on eternally in Jesus Christ. In Philippians 1:21 the Apostle Paul wrote, “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you have nothing to fear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19