Psalm 118:14


The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation ~ Psalm 118:14

We keep hearing over and over the words, “we are living in an unprecedented times,” and so we are. The majority of the news we read and hear is filled with the uncertainty of COVID-19 – who will come down with it, why is one city, province, country, nation, so different in the amount of cases of illness and deaths than another? When will they find the treatment, the cure for this? When will it end? We are all filled with questions and for the time, there are no answers. But, we want them, and soon. Human nature is always human nature. We want to control, we want to be sure, we want to know where we are going and what is ahead of us at each turn. But life has never been like that; it is just in times of great stress we demand to know, to be assured, so that we can then relax. Here is the only thing I know we are and can be sure of – the Almighty God. When all crashes around me, God is still the same today as He was yesterday and will be tomorrow. When my health fails, God is my healing balm, Jesus Christ is the “balm of Gilead” mentioned in Jeremiah. When finances are in jeopardy, my treasure is found in heaven said Jesus in Matthew 6:19. And when my soul feels sick and heavy, Jesus died for me and for the whole world (John 3:16) for He is my Salvation, my Strength, my Defense! In Christ I trust, even in the midst of COVID-19 or whatever else may come my way. From where does your strength, defense, and salvation come?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19