1 Chronicles 28:20

David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished ~ 1 Chronicles 28:20

 

These words are for me today, are they for you? I want to quit, to give up, as COVID puts on so much pressure and brings so many changes into my life. Is the distancing, the isolation, the time which seems to stretch on and on as this disease continues spreading getting you down and wearing thin your strength? Yes, I am there too, and then these words come to me, “He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the temple of the Lord is finished.” Speak to my heart, Lord God, for I need words of encouragement today! Remind me you are here, and you will lift me from my discouragement, my fears, my stresses, neither will you leave me. Then, He does speak, through an ancient king’s words of encouragement to his son, Solomon, to complete the work of building a temple. Do not fear or be dismayed, you will meet with opposition, David says. You may lack the materials, the helpers, or finances, but don’t fear, for the Lord God, my God, will be with you. He will guide and protect you, He will help you succeed, and He will not fail you! You might feel like you are failing, but God will not let you down! And my friends, God will not let You down either. He is with you, and He will help us all get through this time. Will it change our world? Absolutely, but for the better I am sure. It is hard sitting home and not being able to help others: to care for the lonely, for people who have no home and live on the streets, or for the aged in nursing homes who cannot see their families, or for those who are dying alone. But, in the long run, being away from them is exactly how we are helping them…however, during this time, let us turn more to the God who will not leave us. It is we who have left Him. The work and service of the Lord God is not finished, and He will guide us, with strength, through it and to it. Amen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19