Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life ~ Proverbs 13:12

 

How many of us long for something so much we are heart sick in waiting for it? Even the longing for “normal life”, whatever normal was before covid, is a longing many are feeling today. But what I am thinking of may even be deeper than that. For many years, I lived in a province far away from my family. I deeply loved where I was, but there was an emptiness within. It was the emptiness of missing family. When I knew God was calling me to come back to my home province and minister, a different joy filled my heart, for I knew all the birthdays, the special occasions and seasons, all the life that had functioned in between my yearly visits, would be now available to me as well as my relatives. For me, it was a tree of life. Before that though, there was a different longing inside, but I could not put a name to it at the time, other than to say, “There has to be something more [to life].” I was empty for a different family, but I didn’t know who they were. I eventually discovered it was the family of God and I was missing my Father in heaven! When Jesus entered my heart, I knew that I had “come home” in the real sense. It was wonderful to come move home and be near my natural family, but when I came back home to the Lord God, well, that was a real homecoming! My heart exploded in joy within me! It was the good that I had longed for! It was the attained promise, the manifested hope, the gratification beyond all prizes! My dead stump had come alive and blossomed into a tree of life! If you are feeling empty today try my Jesus, for I know He will fill your soul with such invigoration you will believe you have come home, for only He can fill your longings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19