Psalm 118:6

The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? ~ Psalm 118:6

 

The coronavirus has done strange things to our world aside from the physical sickness it brings. I for one, am cautious when I am walking along the street and meet another human being. I make sure I now distance myself, whereas before all this began, I would smile and greet the passerby without moving away. I am cautious when I am in a public building, and that too is rare these days. But there, I am cautious as to how many people may come and go, or may stop and be near me. I have never liked big crowds, but I have also never been cautious when in them. My whole mindset has changed since covid-19 emerged in my world. Many people today are not just cautious, but they are afraid and living in fear of what another may inadvertently (I would hope) do to them by spreading this disease. They live, terrified of what people can do, what the disease can do, and what the isolation is doing to them. God’s Word tells truths which must seep into our soul, and today His Word tells us He is with me, He is on my side, just as He is with you. Of course, David wrote these words under very different circumstances as he was a King which fought battles out in the fields around his kingdom. The man he was not afraid of were the ten thousands from the opposite army who may kill him. We are told that we are fighting a battle with covid, that our battle is not with another human being. Fear captures our spirits no matter our enemy if we so let it. David did not allow that to happen. His entire trust was in an invisible God who had helped and guided him through many a situation, and David knew that this God stood by him always. Our Lord Jesus stands by us always as well. So, though I may be cautious going outside and into the public world, I am not afraid, for I know my Lord is with me. Will He keep the coronavirus from my body? No, that is not His promise for me, or for any one person. Sickness comes upon whom it will. But I do know that if my body should succumb to this virus, God will not leave me, and if my body should leave this earth, I have nothing to fear, for I am a child of God. My question for you today is this: In what do you fear? Do you fear the Lord God, or do you fear covid-19. Are you sure of your final destiny if death should come knocking at your door?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19