Exodus 23:25

Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you ~ Exodus 23:25

 

Are we zealous in our worship? Do we live to worship God in all we do, say, and act? Do we make it more than a “Sabbath” or a “Sunday” event? I will come to worship God when I am in the sanctuary and with other people, but life outside of church, well, that is different all together…is that our thought and practice? I believe one thing covid19 has done is bring to light the plain fact that church is not in our buildings, church is in our heart! Worship, therefore, I pray has become more authentic in some, where before it may have been for show, or for ritual, or tradition. We are a people here in North America who have forgotten how and who to worship. We have worshipped our financial prowess, our fancy homes, cars, jobs, and land of privilege. But worship God? No, there are many gods, and many ways to God. So we thought. I just read a quote from Joni Eareckson Tada. I think it is very appropriate to repeat her comments, for covid19 has caused us to stop and look at what our values are. In a recent interview, Joni said, "I think we are at our best when we remain hopeful, confident in God and his hold on the future, and also prayerful and expectant." Then she made this powerful statement: "I'm a big believer that God permits what he hates to accomplish things that he loves, and that's been my mantra for almost fifty-three years in this wheelchair. God permits what he hates, this difficult, paralyzing injury, to accomplish something that he loves, and that is, of course, in me, a changed heart and a closer walk with my God. So, that's it in a nutshell." Perhaps we have prevented God’s loving kindness, but God will find a way to bring us back to Him. We are a generation which needs healing, in more ways than one. We are in need of a God to worship who is like no other, who will forgive His people, who will send His Son to redeem them, who will bless our bread and water and relieve the pain of sickness. That God is the living God, the Great “I Am”, Jehovah, and all this He has done, through Jesus Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19