Isaiah 46:9

Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me ~ Isaiah 46:9

 

Again, we are called to remembrance, but unlike the reading from yesterday where we were told to recall what God has done, today we are told to remember who God is. Today we are told to remember that He is the One True God, and none stand beside Him, none compare to Him, for He alone stands exalted above all others. It is God speaking to the masses asking not only to be acknowledged, but above all others be separate from the gods we have set in place. He desires our attention on Him alone. Some may say, “God is vain…why should I worship Him alone, and why does He seek my worship?” Is God self-centered? The short answer is, “No.” You see, we look at it from our experiences, and though it might seem wrong to us does not mean it is wrong for God. Praise and vanity are two different qualities. Vanity is being overly proud of oneself, of their qualities or possessions. Praise though, is to commend the worth of. They both are related to worth, but that worth is either ascribing worth or a distorted sense of worth. Worship could be called “Worth Ship”, God is saying I am worthy of your worship because of My love, faithfulness, covenant promises, redemption, protection, salvation, guidance, wisdom imparted. I, as God, created you, I sent My Son to die for you and take your sin from you and then sent His Spirit to live in you. I am worthy because I am omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, because I am holy, just, and righteous, and because I see all people without partiality. I never change for I Am the same today as I was yesterday and will be tomorrow. There is none like Me…

This is the God I remember in worship…what about you?

Pastor Julia 

image: Samuel Martins


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19