Job 19:25

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth ~ Job 19:25

 

As I read the news this morning and look at the state of the earth, I wonder at the “tears” my God is shedding. How His heart must be broken for this world in these days. Job’s little world had caved in as well. He lost all – his children, his livelihood, his health, even his wife turned against him. Yet, his faith in God remained steadfast and strong through all the opposition he encountered. Our world has been rocked by covid19 through sickness and death, unemployment and poverty, financial loss of companies not able to continue, loss of stock and trade, loss of open borders, and in this past week and half, the overwhelming loss of integrity in leaders and people of authority. But, I guess that is not new, at least, in some places. When will we turn to each other with full respect and caring? When will we look each other in the eye and say, “You matter because you, and I, were created by the same God that died to save us!” When will we look beyond the colour of our skin, or how we wear our clothes, or whether our hair is straight or curly to see the person within for the value they are and have? My God sheds tears of grief, for my God cares about what is taking place in our world. My God sent His one and only Son so that we would find peace and joy in life, so that we would find value in each other, so that when we get sick and die we would have an eternal home waiting for us. My God created this world, and us, so that we would enjoy the company of God and mankind. My God has a better world in mind, and I know one day, because my Redeemer lives, He will return and make our world perfect, as He intended. For now, we can and must do our part, with His help, to make this world better for the people we know, we love, and open our hearts to all people!

Pastor Juila

image:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19