Joshua 24:15

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord” ~ Joshua 24:15

 

Only those who have no understanding of God and have heavily hardened hearts find God undesirable. I was once one of those people, but by the grace of God I have come back to my senses and chosen to follow Him and Him alone. This is what He desires, that my service and those who follow Him, serve Him exclusively. My whole heart and yours is what He desires. We cannot follow the philosophies of the world, or those who would put themselves out in public as the one with all authority. We cannot allow our purses and homes, and our vehicles to become our god, nor can we look to the “spiritual within” unless it is the Spirit of God within. There are many faith groups in our world, just as there were in the times of Joshua. Not all lead to God who is the Great Jehovah. None of the other faith groups that believe in religion, whether they are of the groups of Buddah, or Jehovah’s Witness, or Baha’i, or Hinduism, or even Islam and Judaism believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who gave His life for our sins, taking our place upon the cross of punishment. There is only one faith group where the God took on the sin and punishment of the human world. All others expect worship without grace, obedience without exception, followers without deviation. I have chosen the God of grace and mercy, the God who loved me enough to send His Son to die for me, the God who fills me with His Spirit to guide, comfort, lead me to truth. I worship the God I will spend eternity with because He is a God who is faithful to save.

Pastor Julia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19