2 Corinthians 3:17

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom ~ 2 Corinthians 3:17

 

The Holy Spirit, when He comes upon us, gives us insight we could not have on our own, for the clearness and light He grants to us opens our eyes to new ideas, thoughts, and ways. He reveals truth in all situations, and it is under this wondrous influence Paul states he was able to speak with openness, and boldness, for he had this clear view of truth in opposition to the Jewish religious leaders. He, Paul, was free from the dark and obscure views the Jews had, from their prejudices, superstitions of who the Messiah was, and freedom from the bondage of sin by which they tried vainly to follow all their laws of the Torah. They never could fulfill them all, yet, they also tried in vain for all the children of the nation to do what they could not, and judged them accordingly. The law of the Spirit is to love God and love mankind. Only the Holy Spirit can make me free from the law of sin and death. Liberty in the Spirit brings peace and truth, removing bondage, sin, and pain. I can put myself in bondage by my thoughts, and I often do. This is a battle within myself that I fight, but I do not fight it alone. The Spirit of Jesus comes to me with a message from another in these times when I call on the Lord God for help and aid to be free from the thoughts which envelop my soul in bondage. It is the power of the Holy Spirit and His truth, insight, and love which then release me. If the bondage is of another’s thoughts about me, or whether the thoughts are those inflicted by myself, the Spirit of Jesus brings freedom and the power to fight the good fight of faith, overcoming my corrupt nature in victory!
Pastor Julia
image: Fuu J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19