1 Corinthians 13:12

 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known ~ 1 Corinthians 13:12

 

When I gaze into a mirror, I see only a part of myself. Whether the mirror is a small one which displays my face, or whether I look into a full-length mirror and I see my whole body, it is still just a part of me. I cannot see into my soul, I cannot see how my heart beats, I cannot see how my brain thinks. I see only a reflection of my outer self, not my inner makings. In the days of Paul, most mirrors were made of metal and would reflect a distorted image back to the viewer. We have advanced in materials used for mirrors, but still, they only reflect what is outwardly visible. One day, when we stand in the heavenly realm we will see things much clearer, as one who stands face to face with another. All that is hidden will be revealed. We will see below the surface. Our mental and spiritual powers will learn all about God then, and His mysteries will be unveiled. We will see the glories of His kingdom which we now only dream about. We see now the love of the Saviour, but then we will see it in its fullness through the wonders of heaven. Our imperfection of knowledge and experience will be changed into the perfection of both as we are fully known and know fully. I will know God as God knows me! Nothing hidden, all explained, all revealed! And we will be free! Free of all that holds us back, all that rises prejudice within us, all that diverts us from the pursuit of true knowledge! Glory, Hallelujah! I long for the day!

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19