1 Peter 2:24

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed” ~ 1 Peter 2:24

 

I recall once being punished as a child for something I did not do, and I recall the frustration, the anger, the confusion I felt at being accused when I knew I was innocent. It was not a place where I felt I should be, nor deserved to be, and no matter what I said, I could not convince my mother otherwise. I was innocent! Small comparison to what our Lord suffered, I know, for although I felt I had been called upon to carry the sins of one of my siblings (I never did find out which one), I did not do so willingly. I did so with anger and resentment. Our Lord took our sins, all of them, every single one committed behind us and every one we will commit in our tomorrow’s, and He did so gladly, with the “noblest of love”. His burden was heavy, so heavy it separated Him from his Father in heaven! We may sometimes feel God has left us, but never will He do so: Jesus felt and knew his Father’s complete and total absence in a way we cannot understand, ever! In His death, with our sins nailing him to the tree, we are released from our  penalty. Praise God! We are free! We are released from the weight, the judgement, the penalty, the crime itself, because Jesus died and bore our sins on the cross. By His wounds we are healed of the darkness within! Thank you, Jesus! You have released me!

Pastor Julia

image: imgflip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19