2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

 

My prayers today are going up for someone I know who is greatly afflicted with a modern illness of anxiety. At least, it seems to be a modern illness when it happens to the point of completely and totally disabling a person. I think our young people are dealing more with this affliction more than in past generations. This young person needs the Lord, but cannot see that. But, I do. It is a terrible thing to find oneself so anxious about life, that stepping outside a door becomes an impossibility. We do live in stressful days. Covid-19 seems to have added this stress to many people, of many ages. We are afflicted. The Apostle Paul was afflicted with something as well, though we never read what that affliction exactly was. What he was told was that God’s grace was sufficient. In other words, God would carry him when he could not carry himself. Neither the enemy of his soul, or the enemy of his body would prevail. In fact, God took it even further and told Paul that the more harshly and violently he was tried, the greater God’s strength would be shown through his weakness. Paul then would rather deal with this affliction than be healed so that God’s power through Christ Jesus would rest upon him. How often we look for answers, for solutions, for resolutions to our problems and sicknesses! Paul does not do that here, but instead rests in his sickness so that the glory of God would be displayed! I pray that I too would have the courage of Paul if great sickness should come upon me, that my sickness would show the glory and power of my Lord!

Pastor Julia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19