Romans 10:9, 10

 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved ~ Romans 10:9, 10

 

The heart and the mouth do not need to be in agreement. No, I can say something with my mouth and believe something very different in my heart, however, that makes me a hypocrite. What I therefore say in this case is incongruent with my thoughts, for out of my heart comes what is in my inner person. If I am to have integrity, I will speak what my heart believes. My mouth, on the other hand, can lie. I can say I believe in Jesus, but not actually do so. My life, my actions, my activities will show that my words are hollow. I am not saved when there is a difference between what my heart and my mouth display. It is only when I profess Jesus because he is in my heart that I will be saved. And what am I saved from? I am saved from an eternity separated from God; I am saved from my evil past and an evil present and future; I am saved from the chains of sin in this life and the life to come. The promise of salvation is not a difficult choice to make, yet for some it is to ask the impossible. How gracious is my Lord that he should have died for me to save me from myself, from my past, from all which has brought pain and sorrow to my soul. Because my Saviour was raised from the dead I am as well. And so can you. Do you believe that Jesus died for you? Do you believe that he was raised from the dead and now sits at the right hand of God the Father? Do you believe that he is Lord over this world, over your heart, and over your decisions of life? Confess him now, for He is the true God, the Saviour God, the Redeeming God! And this God loves you!

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19