Iaaiah 46:4

 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you ~ Isaiah 46:4


Our Lord God the Father, Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit are the same today as they were yesterday and as they will be tomorrow. The Three-in-One is the unchangeable, the one constant we can count on in this changing and finite life. His love is the same, His care remains, His affection never wavers, He is a tender parent surpassing the most tender parent we may know. His word is valuable above all others for it will never fail nor fall. He is a continued presence with us from the time of our youth until the last breath we take in our old age. I look back over my youth and though I did not know Jesus as my Saviour then, when I came into His saving grace I could see His hand on my life from the time I was little onward. I went through some hard times for sure, many I would not wish to repeat they were so painful, but through them I made it with the unseen hand of God. Now that I know Him as my Lord, I know His presence, I see Him at work, and even on those rare times when I do wonder, I believe and know that He is sustaining me, that He will never leave me. I am assured of His patience, His deliverance, His promise. This is a precious thought for those who are young and believe. They are covered as I was covered in my youth until now; when they turn my age, they will know the sustainment through the years from the hands of the Lord. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. C. H. Spurgeon wrote that “when our life’s spelling begins with the Alpha, we find Him good; and when we come to the Omega, and faintly pronounce the last letter of life, we know still better how gracious He is.”  If you do not trust in the One who will see you through the ups and downs, the trials and the joys, then come into the presence of my Lord and God. He will be with you all your days.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19