Ephesians 2:8, 9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast ~ Ephesians 2:8, 9


It is surely only through grace that I have been saved, for I had a hard heart toward anything that had to do with God for many, many years. If it were not by His grace and mercy, I would not have the life I now have, a life of fulfillment and a life of knowing that I am doing what I was born to do. God spared me from my former life, and I am so thankful that He took mercy on me and brought me into His saving grace! Not one of us, those who are true believers in the power of the cross, whom can take the credit for our salvation. If you were like me, you fought every step of the way. If you were not like me, and you were brought into Christ’s saving grace at an early age, praise the Lord, but it still had nothing to do with your works so that you could boast. We are all on the same level ground when we are born. It matters not our parents’ status in the community, whether they be rich or poor. That has nothing to do with the prestige of being called by God and labelled as a child of the Most High. It matters not our nationality, or the heritage to which we claim, for God calls all people, of all colours, of all races, to join Him as a part of His family. We cannot work our way into heaven, we cannot do enough to be saved. It is not based upon our activity or our inactivity, it is based alone on our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We have nothing in which to boast, except to say we are His children, and that we love Him above all others! God’s gift was the sacrifice of His own Son, Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who was slain for our sin, for my sin. His gift of taking all that I had done against Him, all that I at one time lived for, and nailing it by His own hands and feet brought mercy to my soul. That mercy is there for all people who believe in Him. To God be the glory, for ever and ever, Amen.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19