Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart ~ Hebrews 4:12


The word of God speaks to us, though we be in different situations, and though we may be also in a different time. I may read a verse several months apart, yet each time that verse speaks into my current situation. God’s word cuts through all the busyness of my day, through all the activities which may be taking my time. I cannot sit down with God’s word and not have it speak to me in some way. Sometimes it will tell me where I need to grow in Christlikeness. Other times God’s word cuts me to the heart in how I have sinned before Him and others. God’s word highlights my deep and secret thoughts and exposes them, either for good, or for correction. I cannot hide what I think from God, for He breaks through any defense I may think I have in place. His word at times cuts through my insecurity and gives me confidence, and at other times through my grief to give me comfort. God’s word shows me Jesus and how He loved me so much that He gave His life for me. It was not until I read God’s story that I could understand that fact, and that love. Then He cut through my blindness and showed me the Light of Jesus Christ and the hope of salvation. The word of God cuts through hypocrisy and deceit to display the truth. No other Book, no other Word can do as much as the word of God, which is alive and active!

Pastor Julia

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19