Psalm 19:14

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer ~ Psalm 19:14


Every morning I sit at my computer, and the first thing I always do is write my daily devotional. Some scriptures come with a ready meditation, and others come after some deep thought and research, but always before I write, I ask the Lord what He wants me to say. I pray always that the words put down on paper, on the internet, on social media bring the Word of God to life in someone’s heart so they can reflect on the God we believe in. My greatest hope is that others may see Jesus and Him alone. Like the psalmist, may my words be pleasing to my Saviour. It is what we all hope, that when we sit and meditate, our thoughts, our words, our time with Him pleases Him. There is no other we ought to be so concerned about in pleasing. We all come to God from different stages of life. Some come from places of great distress and worry, and they find the peace of God transpire in their heart. Others come from a place of great joy and their hearts burst with praise to the God who provides. Some may come for the first time and find that Jesus really is alive and speaks words that have providential meaning for their life right at that moment. Some come in times of great weakness, or ill health, and they find a God who comforts with the healing balm of His Holy Spirit. How we come, and whoever we are, we come to the God who is our Saviour and Redeemer, and it is Him we desire to please and to serve. He is our solid Rock on which we always can depend. It is His strength which is our strength. Take time today and worship Him, and may your words, thoughts, and prayers be acceptable to Him. Amen.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19