Psalm 25:14, 15

The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare ~ Psalm 25:14, 15


When you read “The Lord confides”, what image comes to your mind? One commentator, writing from the KJV says it is the “secret of the Lord”, which I find so intriguing. Do you share secrets with anyone? I know I do, and I do so because I know I can trust the one that I am sharing my most intimate thoughts with. I have faith they will not betray me, and let my secret out where they should not. Here, it is the Lord God who is sharing His secrets with those who come to Him in awe. It is like one sitting on a couch in a living room, and talking of deep concerns over a cup of coffee or tea. Of course, we don’t share a coffee with the Lord per say, but we are able to come into His throne room with our worship and sit at His feet and listen. The writer looks only to the Lord, because of his trust in Him, knowing that no matter what may come in this life, his God is there and will release him from the snares he may encounter. This is a very intimate verse, for our confidence is only confident when our trust is in Him. We have no other in which our confidence should be so attached, for God alone will never let us down. The only way to know the thoughts of God are to worship, to revere, to spend time in prayer with the One who loves and saves all who come to Him. He will show us the way to go through the daily reading of His word and through His covenant promises in the Word. Do you want to know a secret today? Then come, sit at the feet of Jesus, and you will learn from Him.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19