Psalm 37:4

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart ~ Psalm 37:4


Before I came to know the Lord Jesus as my Saviour, my life was a parched place. I was unhappy, lost, felt worthless and so empty that I referred to myself as a “walking dead person.” I felt like one of those awful zombie’s on that TV show that was popular a few years back. I went through all the motions, but there was little emotion for it had all been locked away. Then one day I walked up to the steps of a church and told the Lord that if He wanted me, I was His. It was the beginning of a new life. My heart belonged to Him, my soul found rest and nourishment, and my life took on a whole new freshness. I was literally born again! Everything was new and fresh, and even my vision seemed clearer as I looked around at nature. I saw the leaves, the grass, everything, in a way I had not the day before. I woke up to the world around me! Austin French as a song called “Wake Up Sleeper” and that is what happened to me. Now I live daily in the grace and goodness of the Lord. I depend on His wisdom, His mercy, His providence, and His power in my everyday life. He is the desire of my heart, and in desiring Him I have found a life that is full. My desires are for His will to find its completeness in my obedience, and though I sometimes fail, I know that I am forgiven and loved, and given a new day in which I can follow Him. The world offers pleasures, it offers easy ways to fulfill our carnal desires, but it cannot offer us eternal enjoyments. In fact, the world’s pleasures most often leave one empty and never feeling fully satisfied. The Lord alone fulfills and fills our desires. Life in Him is as a stream that flows after a flood in a desert, bringing forth life in all its varied ways.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19