Psalm 62:1

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him ~ Psalm 62:1


The mind of the psalmist, David, seems to have been taking account of all his resources, has been looking around at his condition of life, and has examined his mind to come to the conclusion that his total and complete trust is found in God. There is nothing within himself upon which he can rely, but in God there is an unfailing faith. His trust is where it ought to be. He has no apprehension of what may occur, for his mind is at peace, at rest in God. The throne of the kingdom was promised to David when he was seventeen years old. He was but a young man. It took thirty years before he was placed on the throne, yet never did he doubt God’s promise. He waited, sometimes in caves, he ran through mountains for safety, he spent many a night alone before men began to gather around him. David’s road to the throne was a jagged line filled with many a trial, often with a death sentence hanging over his head, a price placed there by Saul. Yet, here he can say, “My soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him.” Our trials are incomparable to David’s, though I know each one of us carries our own heavy load, so under the weight of what we carry, do we also see God as our resting place, our only salvation? There is nothing in this world on which we can rely. We look around at the unrest, the anger, the deceit, the sickness, the crime in people, and know we cannot rely upon them. But I do see and know that I can rely on God, who leads me to trust in Him, and I am sure that my heart knows it can reliably believe in Him with all that I am. My faith and hope is in Him. Where do you place your trust?

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19