Psalm 63:1

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water ~ Psalm 63:1


I love the nuances of the original language and here we have a beautiful Hebrew translation of the first few words, “God…my God.” The first God is written as ‘Elohiym, which is the name of the plural God named in Genesis – this speaks to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as “my Three-in-One God,” the God of unity. The second God is written as él, which is the name of God indicating His strength. If I was to rephrase the first few words it would say, “You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are my Strength…” The words then move us into worshipping the God who is the strong mighty One, the source of this writer’s strength, and he was aware that his God was mighty with divine power. There was a specific attribute applied to God’s name; it was not uttered as merely God! He seeks this God with all his passions and desires. Some versions say he does so early in the morning. This is the way we are to start a day! To seek God, seek His power and strength before the problems of the day assail us, before we begin to fight the powers and principalities with which the world attacks. He is thirsty and dry, needing his life filled with the life-giving nourishment only God can fill in his parched and dry soul. Come to the fountain! This writer is in need of God’s grace, His comfort, and His refreshment! Do you share his needs today? If so, come to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the One who is the perfection of desire.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19