Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path ~ Psalm 119:105


In these dark days of autumn, and of covid, we need a light. It is easy to be overwhelmed by the world around us with all the unrest, the overwhelming increase of the disease and its toll on the human race, as well as the confinements and restrictions to keep it at bay. It, that is, covid, has changed this world dramatically. For a Christian, this is really nothing new. Our reliance has never been on the world, though we are in the world. Our reliance has been on the One that never changes, the One whose light never dims, the One who is the beginning and the end, and the in-between! I wish I could say my faith was always that strong, but there are days when this world creeps in and the darkness comes crashing down on me. That is my humanity, and it is ok. I accept that. But I won’t live in that. Every day is a new day in the Lord, and every day I sense His protective hand upon me and mine. I know that no matter what happens, whether someone I love becomes sick or has some other incident in their life, God is above all and in all. His word is full of His promises for me, and for you. Promises that He is good to all (Ps 145:9); that His love endures forever (Ps 100:5); that He is a sun and shield (Ps 84:11); and one of my favourites, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9). His word is a lamp and a light for the dark days…you just have to go to the source and the darkness will be illuminated with His strength.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19