John 6:35

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty ~ John 6:35


Before I came to ask Christ into my heart, I described myself as a “walking dead person.” I thought I was alone in that description, but it turns out I was not, for I have heard it and read it from other Christ followers in their testimony of faith. Christ is the bread of life because he gives life to us who were dead in our sins. My life was devoid of God, of his love, his righteousness. My life was stale and dried up. The moment Christ entered my heart through my offering it up to him, it changed; I changed. I am still in process of changing! But life came to me on one day, and all it took was for me to repent of my past. Those who are believers in Jesus Christ will never be hungry or thirsty of soul or spirit. Of course, when Jesus said these words, the crowds were astonished. What was he talking about? In this verse Jesus offers himself in place of the loaves and fish they had come seeking, and instead, he offers his own body. All they could think of was a type of cannibalism, and that was distasteful. They missed the point that Jesus was saying that he was life in itself as the living bread, as well he was the water of life, or tree of life. As people in the world search for that which will fulfill them and find instead all is empty and vain in their search, those who come to Christ will find that all they need is found in him and they will be satisfied. Those who come to Christ will never suffer for the want of spiritual food, for Christ ever feeds and ever flows. If you find life is unsatisfactory, the word of God says, “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him” (Psalm 34:8).

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19