Psalm 103:1, 2

Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits ~ Psalm 103:1, 2


The day of Christmas may be over for another year, but for Christians, the Christmas Story is a year long event. The Gospel of John spells it out as the “Word became flesh”, and this is the story woven throughout the whole of the Bible. God has been revealed to us in a new way, and it is this which gives our soul excitement from which to praise Him. We are not condemned by the event of Christmas, for John again writes God sent his Son not to condemn the world, but to save the world. And my inmost being jumps for joy at these words. We are saved by the grace of Christmas Day and raised anew by Easter Sunday! Life everlasting, and our life here on earth are both raised by Jesus who set you and me free in his truth, we are set free from sin and condemnation in his sacrifice. A Christian praises God from his or her inmost being at these truths, and if they do not, then they must question of they have really accepted salvation from Jesus Christ. Salvation brings us into an eternal joy, which cannot be denied. Religion cannot give us this joy; religion cannot set my soul on fire in love and praise to my God. Religion is law, not grace; it is all about following rules, and not about mercy. My soul cannot rise up and praise the Lord or think about his benefits when I am following ritual. Oh, but include love, grace, mercy, salvation, new life, hope, joy, peace, comfort, wisdom, and all the wondrous benefits I receive from the Lord, and my soul soars above all that could ever bring me down! The Lord’s benefits outweigh all else this life can throw at me, for God is on my side, and nothing can separate me from his love and kindness! Yes, praise God, o my soul, and do not forget all his benefits!

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19