2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17


It is a New Year! All day I have been receiving greetings and blessings, as I am sure you have been as well. We like to view a New Year as a turning over, a new direction, and often we make new resolutions to leave the old habits behind and begin new healthy ones – or, usually we do. What about this year though? What has become important to you as we have travelled the past 9 months in a pandemic, in shut-downs and lock-downs, and virtual visits? I know what has become important to me when I look behind and forward to what is ahead. Most certainly family has always been at the top of the list, seeing daughter’s, sons, grandchildren, and siblings, parents and other relatives I hope are always at the top of your list. I know sometimes our list includes finances, and losing weight, or travelling to that distant land we have always dreamed about. But, when I hear comments lately, it does not relate to any of these things. I hear how a meeting wants to be held in person, rather than by zoom. I hear how we miss gathering at church, and how when we do once more, what a blessing that will be! I hear about missed hugs and kisses, missing family members, and I even hear that weddings are on the rise since the shut-downs have occurred! This could be a new phase, as many people opted for living together without the nuptials over the past several years. As we look forward to a New Year, maybe even more so after the year we have done through, we must put into place what is important. We look back on a year which seemed to take so much from us. What is vitally important, which many people are now “getting”, is the divine love of Jesus Christ our Saviour. He makes all things new! We cannot remain the same when we come and offer our life to him, for he is the transforming God. He looks at what could be, what was meant to be, and he develops it in us, creating us into his image. We are not meant to be broken creatures; we are meant to have life anew and to offer that life to others through the grace of Jesus Christ. I know there are many who are still looking for the material prizes, but the best gift we can ever receive is the gift of a new life in Jesus Christ! When we receive new life, everything else pales in contrast!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19