Friday After Ash Wednesday

FRIDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY

Living With Interruptions

Then your light shall break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up quickly; your vindicator shall go before you, the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. Isaiah 58:8

While visiting the University of Notre Dame, I met an older experienced professor who had spent most of his life there. He said with a certain melancholy in his voice, “You know, my whole life I have been complaining that my world was constantly interrupted, until I discovered that my interruptions were my work.” Don’t we often look at the many events of our lives as interruptions? But what if our interruptions are in fact challenges to an inner response by which growth takes place? What if the events of our history are molding us as a sculptor molds his clay, and if it is only in a careful obedience to these molding hands that we can discover our real vocation and become mature Christians?”

Lord, you come secretly into my life in so many ways. This Lent, give me a new sense of vision to notice your ways I had overlooked before. Renew me with a special sense of your presence.

Henri J. M. Nouwen, Renewed FOR LIFE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19