Isaiah 40:31

Those that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings as eagles; they will run and not be weary; and they will walk and not faint ~ Isaiah 40:31


Our strength comes from the Lord! I have not always lived my life with the Lord as a part of it. I have tried to do things by my own power, I have sought ways to make it alone through difficult times (actually, that is still a struggle), and I have known how defeating that was. Without the Lord in my life, I was lost and hurting, and very weak. I now have the Lord and I wonder how some people go on from day-to-day carrying their burdens on their own. It is hard and wearying. Jesus told us to give our burdens over to him and he would help us carry them. He does not lift them right off our shoulders, but he does walk with us through them and makes them light enough that we can take a step forward. Eventually, the burden will become so light we will fly. With God at our side, our burdens will work out with his plan, and with his timing. It is hard for us to be patient enough to wait upon the Lord, but it is also necessary. We do want everything done immediately, but when we have to wait, some call it in the “waiting room” of the Lord, our character is built, our faith increases, and our joy at the end of the journey is our grateful reward. Those that wait upon the Lord, will renew their strength! Praise God!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19