Saturday, Fifth Week of Lent

SATURDAY, FIFTH WEEK OF LENT

Praying With Open Hands

My dwelling place shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Ezekiel 37:27

Above all, praying means to be accepting toward God who is always new, always different. For God is a deeply moved God whose heart is greater than mine. The open acceptance of Prayer in the face of an ever-new God makes me free. In prayer, I am constantly on the way, on pilgrimage. On my way, I meet more and more people who show me something about him whom I seek. I’ll never know if I’ve reached him. But I do know that he will always be new and there is no reason for fear.

Lord, I believe that in every prayer you are calling me to a new life. Take away my fears so I can respond to your call in service to others.

Henri J. M. Nouwen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19