Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him ~ Colossians 3:17


We have a Saviour who died on the cross for us, to save us and redeem us. Our past is not forgotten, but it is renewed into something God can and will use for his glory. How amazing is that? To know that whatever and wherever we have come from, God will make the bad and ugly into a beautiful offering to glorify him, and as a result, us. We owe him our very life! When I think of what I can say or do in the name of the Lord, it gives me joy. Whether I hold open a door for someone, or move to the side when I am walking my dog so they don’t feel the need to walk on the street around me, I do it joyfully as though the Lord was the one I was doing it for. We do not need to do grandiose performances…simple and kind are acts which glorify God as well. What can you do for someone today? How can you glorify God in word and deed and in thanksgiving!

Pastor Julia

image from pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19