Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still ~ Exodus 14:14


The main thrust of this verse is the word trust. We all fight battles, whether they be outside us, or within us. Temptation is a battle, as is cancer, or Alzheimer’s, or, well, you name your battle right now. Is it to find a job, is it to walk through your grief after losing someone? We fight all kinds of battles that are relevant to us alone, and yet, they are not unknown to others. To trust that God is in control and that he will take care of us, and our problem is sometimes hard. We want to fix it, we want to make it better, or we just want to make it go away. To be still means we are at rest. We are not asleep and oblivious to what is happening, but we are resting in the active position of giving it all over to the One who is fighting for us. It is to say “God, you can handle this for me, I give it over to you.” It is to say that God knows better than I how to deal with it, with those involved in the situation, and with me. And, when I look it my battle from that position, I can rest in him and let him fight for me. He will fight my battles!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19