I Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13


There was a time when I prayed, “Why didn’t you stop me, Lord? Why did I fall prey to the temptation I did? There was supposed to be a way out!” Temptations come to all of us at one time or another. Whether it is a word we should not speak, but are tempted to utter, or another action we know would be against what God wants for his children to follow through on. Jesus himself was tempted by the devil in the desert, which leads me to think and know that if he could be tempted, I am for sure not above it. It took a long time for me to realize why my prayer was not answered and why I was not relieved of the temptation. One reason was that I did not rely on God’s Word. Most certainly that was what Jesus did when he was tempted. He went back to the Word of God for strength. I also realized I let my emotions speak instead of my gut. Jesus warned us the heart is deceitful above all things and defile us (Matthew 15:18-20). Emotions run up and down, and when we follow them, we too will be up and then down. There is always a way out of our temptations. I was not tempted in a way that is unfamiliar to others, and neither are you. Follow Jesus’ example and you will not make the mistakes I have made. Go to the Word, examine it, meditate upon it, and listen to your gut, or your conscience. It will guide you rightly, for when we belong to Christ, His Spirit speaks to us in our inner person.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19