Psalm 126:5

 Those who sow with tears

    will reap with songs of joy Psalm 126:5


I believe there have been many tears shed during the last 15 months of covid-19 in this world. We have lived in what we term as “unprecedented times”, and this is so true. We could not have ever imagined the whole world going through this scenario, but so it is. So many sick, so many who have died alone, so many who remain with no closure with their loved ones because of isolation on all levels. It has been a difficult time for everyone. How in touch are we with our emotions, with our tears? I know I have shed some, and I know there have been other times when I have kept myself so busy with things, with working, with whatever so that I didn’t have to feel the sad emotions which go along with the isolation we have had to live through as a people. But they were still there, just unacknowledged. It is not until we are in touch with our emotions that we can really come to a place of healing within us though. There have been times of crying in sadness, but I can also cry in laughter. Either way, I am in touch with my inner person and releasing pent up feelings, thoughts, anxieties, and joy. I know there will be much joy when we all return to some normalcy. Right now, in our place, it is dawning on the horizon, giving hope to all. We will, I will, reap with songs of joy. Through it all, this I know, our God has understood our tears, our sorrow, our losses. He stands ready to open his arms when we cry in grief, or when we shed tears in laughter. He is always with us, walking beside us on the mountain tops and in the valleys of life. When we depend upon him to accompany us on the journey of life, our sorrow will turn to joy, for he is our sustenance, our joy, our Redeemer.

Pastor Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19