“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? ~ Matthew 6:25


I know it’s easy to fret about the things of this life. Believe me, I have been there and done that! We look around us and wonder what is around the next corner, where will change take me? Will I be able to handle it, will it be a good change, or will I regret it? How can I make the right decisions about my future, about where I live, or what job I take or pass by? There are questions about who to marry, who to seek help from, and the list goes on and on. I expect I may not even be thinking of the questions you may be asking about your future. The thing is, we all have tendencies to worry and fret over what we cannot see ahead. Life is like that. There is no roadmap, no writing on the wall. There have been times when I have prayed for God to write on the wall, just as he did in the Old Testament. But he does not. What he does is ask me to trust in him. To take a step forward without having the answers in my pocket but knowing that he knows and sees all. It is to trust that he knows my heart, my strife, my joy, my life, and what is best for the whole of me. The more we turn our life over to Jesus, the more trust we place in him, the more we realize there is little to worry about because he has it all under control. The truth is, I have to give that over to him. He will not take it. Trust says, “I know you are faithful, God. I know you will open and shut the doors of my life, guiding me where I should go and to doing what I should do.”

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19