Isaiah 12:2

Surely God is my salvation;

    I will trust and not be afraid.

The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;

he has become my salvation” ~ Isaiah 12:2


The prophet writes that “surely” God is his salvation. There is no hesitancy, no “second-guessing”, just a strong inner sense of peace that he has nothing at all to fear. It is the faith of one who knows what God has done in the past and knows what God will do in the future. I was raised in the church in my childhood, and I knew some of the basics about God, but it was not enough to put my trust completely in him. It wasn’t until I was in my early 40’s that I truly turned to him and gave myself over to his leading. That was when I began to trust in him. I then came to know his full salvation and to understand what I had not grasped as a young child. I wasted many years fighting against him, yet even now he uses those “lost years”. Nothing is a waste in God’s eyes. He loved me before I loved him, and he became my salvation though I was not searching for him. God is our stronghold, our strength, and our defence in a world of struggle. My struggles did not end when the Lord found me, but oh, did I ever depend upon his strength to make it through them! I did not have that power and stamina before I gave my heart and life to him, and neither will you. Trust is often a hard thing to earn, but God faithfulness will show you that in him trust is very well placed indeed. Surely, surely, he has become my salvation!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19