Psam 119:11

 I have hidden your word in my heart

    that I might not sin against you ~ Psalm 119:11


I do not have the kind of memory that can quote scripture from its origin in the Bible, but when I need the word of the Lord to come to my aid, it is there because I have read it, and studied it, and many times, preached on it. If God’s word is not in our heart, how can we lean on him when times become difficult? Who would God be to us then? A distant being with no words, no comfort, no guidance is what I think! God is personal, and loving, and if we do not read what he has to say to us, we are a “sitting duck” for the enemy of our soul. Satan does not desire that we lean on our Lord for strength in times of distress and lean on the Lord is exactly what we need to do in those times. Without God’s word in our heart, sin has an open door into leading us to follow the way of the world around us, and the way of our own carnal desires. I encourage you to read from God’s word every day, and if you can memorize the Word of God and quote from where it comes from in the Bible do so! But, read, and read, and read God’s Word so that it will be in your heart and come to you when you need it most.

Pastor Julia 

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19