So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire     and achieve the purpose for which I sent it ~ Isaiah 55:11


As a pastor, as a leader, I sometimes wonder how people hear what I say, or interpret it. I think it is a sinful failing of mine. It derives from a past which said that all I spoke was backwards and mixed up. It is something I need healing for because this word of God from Isaiah tells me the truth. God’s word that exits my mouth, (for I do trust that He speaks through me), will accomplish his purpose, and that is the bottom line. If I am faithful in proclaiming what God has called me to proclaim, then his word will not fail. Why then do we depend so much on our own words or wonder as I do if I said it right? God’s word, if we do really depend on it, is rich and full. He says it will not return to him empty, so that means that even though my finite and fallible words exit my mouth, when they come from the Lord himself, they take on another meaning and depth which will reach into another’s soul in a way my words alone could not do. This is why I depend on the Lord to speak through me. I know I cannot send out God’s word without his help, yet I still fall backward. Forgive me Lord for when I think I should say it better. I only have to say what is in my heart from you, and you will do the rest. You are such a good, good God! You take all the words we give you and you make them prophetic, or encouraging, or comforting, or loving. Your word does accomplish what you desire it to accomplish. We must place our trust that you will not fail us, even when we fail ourselves.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19