When I am afraid, I put my trust in you ~ Psalm 56:3


Life is full of ups and downs, of good times and stressful times, of health and of illness. Of course, like anyone, I want all of life to be the good, the healthy, the up! The problem with living continually in that way is that I have found I tend more to trust myself than to turn to God in trust. It is because of the down times, the stressful times, and the illnesses which come upon me or someone I love that I know for certainty that I can trust God. I know because as I have grown as a Christian, I have put more and more into his hands during those times, and I have found him faithful. So, when I am afraid, I know to whom I can trust, even when what I see around me looks very bleak and hopeless. I have certainly had those times when it was very dark, and I did not know which way to turn. In fact, there was no way to turn, but to stand still and trust God to do what his will was in either my life or my loved one’s life. And he did work his will. It took time, many months in fact for the one situation that sits in my memory. But the transformation in that person’s life, and in mine was stupendous! Perhaps sometimes that is why we go through times of fear as we enter our life’s challenges…our heart needs refining. Not always, I know, but also there is none who come to the other side of a challenge the same as they went into it. We certainly are more empathetic to those who then go through the same challenge we went through, for God uses us to understand and to uplift others in this way. God is faithful to walk with us, no matter what it is we encounter. Our trust is safe in his hands.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19