Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing” ~ Zephaniah 3:17


Many years ago, when I had been going through a really rough family time, my one sister sent me this verse as a reminder that God was with me and that he delights in me! Me! He delights in me! These words just filled my heart with encouragement and came at the time when I needed them most. For one, I needed to know I had a Mighty Warrior on my side for I felt then that the battle was too much for me. And two, the fact that God would think of me with joy when my thoughts were full of self-despair gave me a new way of looking at both my situation and at myself. God loves me! God loves you! Can you imagine him singing over you, rejoicing in you? What a lovely thought that is! I can barely imagine the beauty of his voice in song, let alone that the song would be just for me! It would be the greatest love letter ever! I don’t know what your day today holds for you, but I do remember the day I received this message. If you receive it with the encouragement and joy I did, then you are blessed, for God loves me and he loves you, and when we go through hard times in his name, he is singing up a storm! Would another god do that? No! But our God does, and he will! Wow!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19