Philippians 2:13

For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose ~ Philippians 2:13


God works in us and through us to bring about his good purpose! Just think about that for a moment…right now, are you doing what you thought you would be doing? I know I am not. I know my thoughts never would have led me to be a pastor. When I was young, if someone looked at me sideways, I would turn bright red! I was so shy! I would never stand at the front of a class without blushing and having my heart pound! Now I stand every week in front of a camera and in front of a church congregation, preaching God’s word! I pray my heart is always tuned into God’s heart and that I am always willing to do what he calls me to do. I pray that he finds in me a willing servant so that his will can and is accomplished. I must have a willing heart for his good purposes to be accomplished through me. Otherwise, I am living for myself, and God’s purposes will be done by someone else that is willing to be used. I want that person to be me. Do you? Do you have a willing heart God can use for his purposes? Or do you complain, or ignore that little nudging when God puts something into your mind and heart? Open your heart and let God lead you. It may be doing something you never imagined you would ever do, but if God is in it, it will be fulfilling his good purpose through you!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19