Psalm 34:19 NIRV

The person who does what is right may have many troubles. But the Lord saves him from all of them ~ Psalm 34:19 NIRV


This is so true. A disciple and follower of Jesus is not exempt from troubles, in fact, Jesus said we may have more trouble than those who do not follow him. In these days of Covid-19 I have heard the comments that “the Holy Spirit will protect me from getting Covid.” That is a false claim, and it is a claim about God which is not true in the sense of how the claimant uses it. God will save us from our troubles, but not in the way we always expect. We do not control God, nor can we foolishly place ourselves in the way of trouble. We must act responsibly. If I don’t wear a mask, and if I don’t wash my hands frequently and if I go into large crowds where others may have Covid, I am bound to get it. That has nothing to do with God, but with my carelessness. However, if I live my life in a Godly way and trouble comes upon me, even the trouble of Covid, God will save me whether I live or die. Sometimes, the Lord will save us immediately from a trial, and other times he will save us by helping us go through the trial by giving his strength. With the “but” in this verse, we have the confidence of God to be with us and save us. At the same time our life must be lived with God’s wisdom to help us avoid the pitfalls of trouble. It is the person who does what is right who is saved by God. We all encounter troubles of various sizes and ways, but God will be with us through them, and he will save us. Keep looking forward and upward and wait for your salvation.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19