Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord ~ Romans 6:23


When we life without Christ in our heart we live a life that will lead to eternal death, to complete and forever separation from our God and our Saviour. Even if we do not recognize Christ as a Saviour, he is, for he came to earth to die for all. Many people decide to deny him the right of being called a Saviour, and many people fumble through life, forever trying to find their meaning, trying to find hope, trying to find love. Some do seem to successfully appear to have found happiness and joy in life, and to give a meaning to their life, but they are still bereft of eternal joy in heaven with their Lord and God. I have found that my true meaning has come from knowing and accepting Jesus as my Saviour. Life without him seemed to go in circles which had no resolve. My life seemed hopeless and without purpose. Now, I know that God has a purpose and a plan for me, not only here on this earth, but also for eternity. Eternal life is a gift! Not one of us, as the saying goes, will leave this earth without going through the passage of death. How terrible it is to not know where I am going after death! I want to be with my Lord, not in some separated place where I will live in pain, or as some believe, in nothingness. We were not born to die into oblivion, but to live and bless others and be blessed the God who gives good gifts, especially eternal life.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19