John 15:12

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you ~ John 15:12


God looked at me and he said, “Come to me, I am all you want and all you need. I will uphold you and strengthen you, I will give you rest, and I will create a new heart in you such as you have not known before.” And I came. And he did just what he said he would do. He looked past my failures, past my sins, past my rebellious heart and he welcomed me home into his family. He has never held my past sins over me as a guilt trip, I can do that on my own, but he just says he loves me with all my cracks and failures. He looked at me and told me his Son died for my past and my present and praise God, for my future. In his Son I am saved and blessed and healed. This is love, not in its totality as I describe it, for it is far more than what my mere words can picture. This is how we are to love each other. We lift each other, and care for each other. We walk with each other and their broken jars and failures and we hold each other up so that they can find the healing they need and grow into the person they were created to be in Christ. Love…the best four letter word ever spoken, the best active word the world needs everyday.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19