Matthew 11:28

“Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis” ~ Matthew 11:28 TPT


I know it is hard to share our burdens with others. We are not sure if they really care, or if they are really listening to us, or, we may think they will interpret our “stuff” as just that and that we are born complainers. The truth is that when we carry our burdens within our own heart and do not share it, the lie of the enemy can wreak havoc in our life. When we hold things in, they build and become more than what they really were or ought to be. How do I know this? Because I am your example. I was taught to hold my issues in and away from everyone. It was not healthy to let others in to view your life that closely, that was what I was taught. What we are taught early can have a powerful hold over us, and I fight that battle whenever there is something that comes along and distresses me – the battle to hold it to myself. I am learning, I am growing, but it is still a struggle. I have to place my trust in that other that they will not trample over me when I am forthright with my thoughts and feelings. Perhaps I will still misplace my trust, and perhaps I will still be let down by someone. That is human nature. But still if I do not dare to trust then I leave myself vulnerable to Satan’s lies in my heart. Jesus, on the other hand, will never let me down or betray me. Jesus is faithful to listen, to guide me safely, to pick up what I have to say and show me the truth. Once I have spoken it aloud, either in faith with him, or in faith with another, Jesus opens the doorway to healing and enlightenment. My pains and problems can then be seen in the light and not in the darkness. He does, he will refresh your soul when you let in his light to dispel the lies of the enemy. Praise God! Do not stay in the dark! Come to his oasis!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19