Proverbs 3:5, 6 TPT

Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions. With all your heart rely on him to guide you, and he will lead you in every decision you make. Become intimate with him in whatever you do, and he will lead you wherever you go ~ Proverbs 3:5, 6 TPT


As we grow in our Christian faith, we learn to trust the Lord more with our thoughts and decisions. It takes time, for most of us have come from living a life without Christ, and even if we have not, there is a self-will within us that says I can do it all by myself. We don’t need anyone’s help we say to ourselves! But this is so not true. God created each one of us as an individual with gifts and talents and a purpose. We very often don’t recognize that purpose with the leading of God in our life. This is not the absolute rule, for I know some would say I wanted to be a …. (You fill in the blank) from the time I was little, and this is exactly what I am doing with my life. But for many of us, unless we come into a place of knowledge through trusting in the Lord for his guidance it can take a long time to figure out. If I rely on my heart to guide me without God’s instruction, I know I will be led astray. I know because I have witnessed my heart do so. But, when my heart trusts in him to help me with my decisions, they will turn out to be for my benefit and for the benefit of others. Most of all, my life will bring glory to him!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19