Psalm 103:13

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him ~ Psalm 103:13


From the time I was eight years on, I grew up without an earthly father, so it is hard for me to compare one to our heavenly Father. But I have discovered that to compare I need not do, for there is no other father but my heavenly Father. He is ever concerned for me, ever hovering around to protect me, ever loving me in spite of me. I can understand my compassion as a mother for my children, and in this way, I can comprehend what my God thinks and feels for me. In these thoughts I am so blessed for I know that the Lord has my back when my face is toward him. I know that when I fall, he is there to lift me up and set me on the right path. The compassion God has for me far outweighs what any other can have for me, for my God looks at me without any other thought than to care for me. He holds no secret desire to meet his own needs, for he needs but my companionship and love, not as payment, but as in fulfilling a relationship. He loved me long before I loved him, he sent his Son to draw me closer to him; to allow me to have a beautiful relationship of conversation, trust, fellowship, faith, and to receive his great compassion. I am blessed indeed to have a Father such as He. So are you, if you have received his Son as your Saviour! You are a child of the Most High God!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19