Psalm 23:6 TPT

 So why would I fear the future?

    Only goodness and tender love pursue me all the days of my life.

    Then afterward, when my life is through,

    I’ll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you! ~ Psalm 23:6 TPT


Sometimes I fear tomorrow, what I will do, what will it bring my way, will I be able to manage it? Yes, sometimes I fear the unknown. Thankfully, most of the time I can turn my thoughts and anxiety toward my loving Father in heaven, and I am able to leave my perplexities with him. It takes work, it takes persistence, and it takes faith and prayer. Then when I have placed it in his hands, I realize that my worry and anxiety are not from him, but from my own inner enemy – me. The Apostle Paul said we must die to our inner person, and that is what I must do when I begin to worry. When I relax in Him, the strangest thing happens – what I was afraid of never occurs! It doesn’t even raise its head against me in whatever fear I placed so prominently in my mind! Many people are afraid today in our world. Christians and non-Christians alike. We as Christians cannot let fear overtake us so that we become frozen in time and rigid. Our faith and trust must carry us through whatever we are facing knowing that we are a part of God’s kingdom people. He will never forsake us, so when we hold our fears in place above our trust in him are in fact sinning against him. King David knew fear for his life, he knew anxiety for his tomorrows, but here in this beautiful psalm he places his trust for life in the now and the future in the hands of a God who loves and cares for him. So must we!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19