Psalm 94:19

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy ~ Psalm 94:19


This is how The Message writes this verse: “When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up.” I find that when I am anxious, I am thinking about what could happen and in my mind imagining that it is definitely about to happen. I try now to shut my mind off, but there are times when I waken in the middle of the night and my mind is going every which way into fallacies. Then of course I must try counter whatever my thoughts were to make sure I do not show up to a meeting or other functions in an emotional defense mode. When this happens to me, I ask God to help me to know the truth, and I tell the enemy of my soul to back off! That usually works, and then the peace of God can fill me. Then I can say within myself that God will guide me and the situation. Sometimes my own worst enemy are the thoughts that I think, and the fears I let myself be subject to. It is something that I am working on, for I know it stems from my past and not a healing the Lord has worked in me yet. Worry and anxiety are sins in our soul, for they are not from God. God is a God who does care for us and for our needs, all of them, no matter how small or large. When we worry and fret, we are not totally placing our trust in the Lord and all his benefits toward us. I often must repent before the Lord for this in myself, for I know I am trying to control things in my life rather than trusting in God. Anxiety cripples us all, so today Lord, I pray for my faith and trust in you to lift me above my own desire to control, and to rest in your timing and your will for my life. Amen.

Pastor Julia 

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19